Just a quick update. I added the schematic for the ISPduino project. I do plan on updating the board here soon with a better layout and additional features, like diode protection. I’m open to other idea’s as well.
Currently ran into an issue with these boards where they will program, but will not run the program. I am using the Blink example from Arduino. The programmer (both USBasp and AVRISP mkII) are not reporting any issues. Tried checking to see if the oscillator was the issue by changing the fuses so the Atmega328P would run on the internal clock, but no dice.
Solution Found: The solution to my problem with the ISPduino was in fact the fuse configuration. I was tempting to emulate the fuse configuration of the Arduino, not fully understanding what each fuse does. The reason why I was able to program the chip without an issue and the program would not execute in return was because my brown out detection was set to 2.7V. Not being a normal Arduino the device can be run on voltages lower than 5V and I was using two AA batteries (producing approximately 2.7-3.0V) to power the device. After disabling the brown out detection everything works perfectly now. In addition I have a better understanding of the fuses. I will be throwing together a page further describing the function of each fuse setting.
Yes I’m jumping on the band wagon for these Arduino spinoffs. Gotta pay tribute somehow. This little project is mainly used to create breadboard prototypes of my projects. It’s designed to work with my USBasp setup from the Programming AVR’s on the Mac tutorial……
Just an update. The new workbench and lab are both complete. The build log is in the works. There will also be some videos coming out here soon covering some of the features of the bench and a wifi antenna I built to receive a wifi signal in the garage.
Alright now for an original post. This week I picked up the wood for workbench #2 and began cutting and putting it together this weekend. I started with the second bench to move all my electronic design gear to the garage. Bench #1 is not particularly designed for such things. I’ll post a picture of what I’m dealing with right now to compare the two. The bench page will be updated with details after I’ve completed it.
Started a projects page. I know it’s probably not what you’re expecting for a first project, but gotta start somewhere and I need something to work on. This bench is designed for heavy equipment like a miter saw. As the page mentions I will be creating a build log of the bench when I get back to homeland. I’m already in the process of designing the second workbench for my computer and electronics equipment. That one will be a little more robust. I’ll be incorporating a powers trip into the design and an area for this bench to slide under. All the files for this build can be found on GrabCAD at the link below.
GrabCAD page / Project Page
Other updates include my progress in the DipTrace Pattern Editor tutorial. I’m about 25% done with it. It should be completed by the end of next week pending any interference from work.